The smart meter gateway administrator is a key market role in the German market for the future smart energy grid. The administrator is in charge of setup, configuration, installation and operation of intelligent metering systems (iMsys) as well as of providing and management of interfaces for external market participants. External market participants include all market roles as well as companies that store and process consumption data or other network measurements.
The ZONOS™ Smart Meter Gateway Administrator controls and manages gateways from numerous gateway manufacturers. This ensures freedom of choice for the most financially and technically attractive gateway or a combination of gateways from different vendors. The solution adapts to changing legislation and new technology, also with continued support of already installed gateways.
The “IT-Grundschutz”/ISO 27001 was the basis for the design of the smart meter gateway administrator. Combined with Cuclus extensive experience this simplifies the necessary security certifications of IT infrastructures and the corresponding process landscape.
- Administration of devices (e.g. SMGW roles)
- Management of configuration profiles
- Management of keys and certificates
- Firmware updates and configuration of smart meter gateways
- Monitoring of smart meter gateways
- SLA management (reporting, dashboards)
- Support of controllable local systems (CLS), e.g. to control solar power plants
- Management of communication infrastructure
- Interoperable: Support of various smart meter gateway manufacturers
- Integrated: Market communication and flexible integration of external market participants
- Powerful: Configuration and administration tasks for smart meter gateways (e.g. firmware updates)
- Efficient: Scalable and multi-tenant support
- Transparent: Comprehensive process monitoring and reporting of service level agreement (SLA) for external market participants
- Vendor-independent: No lock-in-effect and no hidden costs
- Maximum flexibility in investment planning through modular design principle
- Scale advantages through multi-tenancy capabilities
- Future proof through flexible and affordable adaption to changing requirements or customized processes
- Easy expansion with additional Cuculus products such as meter data management (MDM)
- Operator portal: Easy to use and to integrate